Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A little history...

Okay, a little history about myself. I graduated from Binghamton University with both a BS and BA degrees. After graduating I began working at Bloomberg L.P. in Manhattan. After about two and a half years there, I was lured away by the big promises of the .com world. Interestingly, this was after the .com burst. I remember countless Bloomberg employees left lucrative positions in hopes of getting in at the ground floor of what might be the next Yahoo!. Most of them ended up unemployed. But in my case it was a safer transition. I joined an electronics wholesaler who had a brick and mortar business for 15 to 20 years and had only then decided to expand into the world of ecommerce. But it meant that their chances of going under were close to zero since the wholesale side was doing well. I was originally hired as a business consultant to create an online presence but after one year, they convinced me to stay on full-time as the director of online operations. I was with the company either as a full type director or in the capacity of a consultant for close to six years.

I've also founded a few small start up companies and was a business consultant to a few other companies, most notably Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW). The company owns two airlines, Atlas Air and Polar Air and is the largest operator of 747 aircraft in the world. Afterwads, I decided it was time to pursue some higher education and I received MBA's from Tel Aviv University's Recanati School of Business and Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Business. Though pricey, I felt I received an excellent education with a strong international flavor.

Currently I work as the Director of Contributor Relations for Seeking Alpha, the leading provider of stock market opinion and analysis from blogs, money managers and investors. The company really has an amazing product which we feel very stongly about providing to the financial community completely free. Check them out: http://www.seekingalpha.com/. We have over 1300 contributors, print over 160 articles per day and have numerous other popular features such as free quarterly earnings call transcripts of over 3000 stocks, reports on Jim Cramer's picks, research tools and more. But I didn't mean for this to be a commerical for my company. I'm still relatively new and the euphoria hasn't warn off yet.

I am also married to a beautiful, charming and intelligent woman. Together we have (so far) one 14 month old son who always manages to bring a smile to the face of every one he meets. He is simply amazing. He's really come a long way from his first four months of his life where all he did was cry!

No comments: